Our librarians would be happy to create a presentation for your course, academic residency, department meeting, or conference. Most presentations are hosted online using GoToMeeting, a desktop conferencing tool. We can also provide live presentations at our Cincinnati Academic Center.
- Length: library presentations can last from 10 minutes to 3+ hours. However, the best presentations are usually a minimum of 90 minutes.
- Potential topics: library orientation, Zotero & OneSearch Citation Tools, literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, search strategies, subject-specific, custom presentations, etc.
- Request a presentation: When requesting a presentation, please include as much of the following information as you can: date/time (tentative is fine), number of participants, participant’s research experience, accommodations that are needed, and any content you would like covered.
Content & Credit Hours for Courses
- Library Tutorial (60 minutes): The quick start provides an introduction to the library, navigating the website, APA & MLA citation tools, getting assistance, and using OneSearch to find library resources. There is an optional game at the end.
- Treasure Hunt (30 minutes): The treasure hunt consists of 6 clues hidden throughout the library website. Provides students an opportunity to practice using the library.