The UI&U Librarians are available for in-depth, individual research consultations. Please contact a librarian at email@example.com or 513-487-1487. You can also schedule an appointment for after-hours assistance.
OneSearch. The UI&U Library’s main search tool. Includes both UI&U Library subscribed resources and open access content.
Google Scholar@UI&U. Performs a broad search of both UI&U Library subscribed resources and open access content. To use: 1) search by article title or keyword and then 2) click Full-Text @ UI&U for the free article in the UI&U Library. If there is no full-text link, you can request the article through interlibrary loan.
Dissertations & Theses Global. A comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from institutions around the world.
Dissertations & Theses @ Union Institute & University. Search for dissertations written by Union Institution & University alumni.
ProQuest Databases. Simultaneously search ProQuest databases.
Internet Archive. A digital library with millions of ebooks, movies, audio recordings, images, and other resources. Learn more.
WorldCat.org. Search library collections worldwide and find resources at nearby libraries.
Dissertations & Theses
Save & Organize Tutorial
Research Data Management
Audiobooks, E-books, and Videos
The following e-books, journals, and videos can be accessed by copy and pasting the title into the search box on the library homepage. Search results can be narrowed by publication date (last ten years), source type (journal articles, ebooks), and immediate availability (“no interlibrary loan results”).
Doctoral Program & Dissertations
- Writing a Proposal for Your Dissertation: Guidelines and Examples
- Destination Dissertation: A Traveler’s Guide to a Done Dissertation
- Demystifying Dissertation Writing: A Streamlined Process From Choice of Topic to Final Text
- The Dissertation Journey
- The Dissertation Mentor (Videos)
Academic Writing & Publishing
- They Say, I Say (audiobook)
- Stylish Academic Writing (audiobook)
- The Handbook of Scholarly Writing and Publishing
- Write It up: Practical Strategies for Writing and Publishing Journal Articles
- Doing a Literature Review by Kopf (article)
- Patter Blog by Patricia Thompson (academic writing blog)
- The Dissertation Mentor (videos)
- Writing Literature Reviews: A Guide for Students of the Social and Behavioral Sciences by Galvan (ebook)
- The Unwritten Rules of PhD Research (ebook)
- Qualitative Research: A Guide to Design and Implementation (outstanding quantitative research book, not available in the library due to institutional purchase restrictions)
- Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing Among the Five Approaches by John Cresswell (outstanding qualitative research book, not available in the library due to institutional purchase restrictions)