The UI&U Librarians are available for in-depth, individual research consultations. Please contact a librarian at email@example.com or 513-487-1487. You can also schedule an appointment for after-hours assistance.
OneSearch. The UI&U Library’s main search tool. Includes both UI&U Library subscribed resources and open access content.
Google Scholar@UI&U. Performs a broad search of both UI&U Library subscribed resources and open access content.
ProQuest Databases. Simultaneously search the ProQuest databases. This search includes ProQuest’s comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from institutions around the world (click the “Dissertations & Theses” tab to limit search results).
Internet Archive. A digital library with millions of ebooks, movies, audio recordings, images, and other resources. Learn more.
WorldCat.org. Search library collections worldwide and find resources at nearby libraries.
Dissertations & Theses
Save & Organize Tutorial
Research Data Management
Audiobooks, E-books, and Videos
The following e-books, journals, and videos can be accessed by copy and pasting the title into the search box on the library homepage. Search results can be narrowed by publication date (last ten years), source type (journal articles, ebooks), and immediate availability (“no interlibrary loan results”).
Doctoral Program & Dissertations
- Writing a Proposal for Your Dissertation: Guidelines and Examples
- Destination Dissertation: A Traveler’s Guide to a Done Dissertation
- Demystifying Dissertation Writing: A Streamlined Process From Choice of Topic to Final Text
- The Dissertation Journey
- The Dissertation Mentor (Videos)
Academic Writing & Publishing
- They Say, I Say (audiobook)
- Stylish Academic Writing (audiobook)
- The Handbook of Scholarly Writing and Publishing
- Write It up: Practical Strategies for Writing and Publishing Journal Articles
- Doing a Literature Review by Kopf (article)
- Patter Blog by Patricia Thompson (academic writing blog)
- The Dissertation Mentor by Guy E. White (dissertation video guides)
- Writing Literature Reviews: A Guide for Students of the Social and Behavioral Sciences by Galvan (ebook)
- The Literature Review: Six Steps to Success by Machi and McEvoy (ebook)
- Qualitative Research: A Guide to Design and Implementation by Sharan B. Merriam & Elizabeth J. Tisdell
- The Unwritten Rules of PhD Research by Marian Petre and Gordon Rugg
- The Foundations of Social Research: Meaning and Perspective in the Research Process by Michael Crotty
- Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing Among the Five Approaches by John Cresswell (not available in the library due to publisher restrictions)
- The SAGE Handbook of Qualitative Research edited by Norman K. Denzin & Yvonna S. Lincoln (not available in the library due to publisher restrictions)
- Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches by John Cresswell (not available in the library due to publisher restrictions)