How to Find an Article, Book, or Video
Find an Article, Book, or Video:
- Go to the UI&U Library homepage (library.myunion.edu or google UI&U Library)
- Copy & paste the title into the OneSearch search box
- If available, there will be a “read online” or “watch online” link that you can click to access the resource.
Find a Book Chapter:
- Search by the book’s title
- Use the table of contents to find the chapter title
- If there are too many results, try adding the author’s last name or quotation marks around the title e.g. “Moby Dick” Melville
- Be careful about differentiating between a book and any reviews or critiques written about it
Research a Topic
Use keywords to find books, articles, and other resources on your topic.
Scope: a manageable research topic will have 2-3 concepts. For example, the use of an emergent curriculum in preschool classrooms.
Add the most important words to the search box. A simpler search is often best.
Search box with the keywords emergent curriculum preschool